Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sox in 2008: Function Done?

First of all, this may still be heresy, but here's one guy's take on (gulp) sitting Big Papi tonight against the Rays. And yes, that is the paper I work for.

And allow me to introduce myself. I have been a Red Sox fan all my life. And I've enjoyed this run of success. And if the juggernaut that is the Tampa Bay lineup continues to rake tonight, I keep telling myself it won't be the worst thing.

But still. . . . THIS'LL BE IT FOR A WHILE! THE PATS ARE GOING NOWHERE! THE 2009 BASEBALL SEASON WILL BE UNDER WAY WHEN THE CELTS AND BRUINS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS!

Last year, you knew that Schilling and Beckett were capable of shutting down the Indians. This year, Schilling's only public appearances are at McCain rallies. And Beckett really looks hurt. And Lester wasn't exactly the dominant pitcher he was down the stretch in Game 3.

But . . . they've done it before. You never know.

And to those who think Dice-K is, well, a dicey proposition in a deciding game, remember: It was on his shoulders in Game 7 against the Tribe last year. And we all know how that turned out.

-JDE2

No comments: