Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ah, memories. . .

Allow me this diversion from the bad news of the day to something incredibly frivolous: Remember when there were only three broadcast networks?

That's when stuff like "Battle of the Network Stars" aired. The show pitted stars from the three networks in "athletic" competition. I most vividly remember the "Simon Says" battles.

Bill Simmons at ESPN remembers, too. Here's his take on the joy of a recently discovered YouTube video featuring a match race between Robert Conrad and Gabe Kaplan.

-JDE2

1 comment:

Maureen Milliken said...

I don't have time to look at the link, but...
I REMEMBER THAT! I REMEMBER THAT!
The big thing was, everyone thought Conrad was going to pummel Kaplan and Kaplan was actually good. Can't remember if he won or not (as I said, I don't have time to look at the video), but I remember watching it and rooting for Gabe and being so proud of him.